May 5 2017
The upcoming version of Avid Pro Tools will feature a comprehensive suite of Dolby Atmos workflows to enable audio post professionals to work more fluidly in the multi-channel and object-based audio format. New features will include built-in Dolby Atmos panning, deep Avid pro mixing control surface integration, advanced automation with the Dolby Rendering and Mastering Unit (RMU), and more. “Dolby Atmos is becoming the hottest thing in cinema and home theater, enabling filmmakers to deliver bigger, more immersive audio experiences,” said Dana Ruzicka, chief product officer, Avid. “We’ve worked closely with Dolby to deliver an unparalleled workflow to empower our user community of world-class audio professionals to raise the bar for immersive sound in movies, TV, music, and video games.” And as a key component of the Avid MediaCentral Platform—the industry’s most open, tightly integrated and efficient media platform—Pro Tools delivers the most integrated end-to-end workflow in the industry.
May 1 2017
You are invited to attend a very special Montreal Edition of the Universal Audio Users Group – Produce, Record, Mix, on Thursday, May 11th from 7PM to 10PM. The panelists are:
- Howard Bilerman (Arcade Fire, Basia Bulat, Godspeed You! Black Emperor)
- Jera Cravo (Resident Evil 7, Far Cry Primal, Batman Arkham Knight)
- Jean-Michel Pigeon (Monogrenade, Shiraz Adam, Crash Test Aglaé).
- Universal Audio Analogue and Digital Hardware (Apollo 8P, Octo Thunderbolt Satellite)
- Universal Audio Plugins
- ATC SCM45 studio monitors.
January 24 2017
Apollo Twin MkII is a ground-up redesign of the world’s most popular professional desktop recording interface for Mac and Windows — delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording.
- Available UAD-2 QUAD Core processing for realtime UAD plug-ins
- Dual Unison mic preamps with genuine emulations from Neve, Manley, API & UA
- Thunderbolt scalability up to 64 channels
- Built-in Talkback mic